To prep or not to prep

I think my foot is going to die and fall off but we’ll get to that in a minute.  First, let me tell you how my well planned morning went completely awry despite the fact that I planned for it all weekend.

When I wrapped up my work day on Friday I was so looking forward to the weekend.  All I could think about was how I was going to get my entire house clean and organized so that I could go into this week well prepared and get some shit done. 

im doing laundry

Since I took down all of my Christmas decorations I had to replace them with Valentine’s Day decorations because obviously, I’m obsessed. 

First, I redid my window:

And then I made another wreath because you can’t really see the one on my door and I needed one for my big window.  And besides, can you really have too many wreaths? 

No, the answer is no.  You cannot have too many wreaths.

After all of that was done I had to rake the leaves because if you only have a minimal amount you can just mow them down and it’s actually good for the lawn but unfortunately we never have a minimal amount and our entire backyard was covered so I had to rake them and not once, no, I had to rake twice.

Next time I decide to rake I will check the weather first to see if a cold front is coming and then I’ll wait til the wind dies down. 

I also cleaned the entire house and I even swept and mopped all of the floors.  I finished everything around 9:30PM Sunday night and I was exhausted.  I synced my fitbit and was pretty excited to see that for the week I had managed to rack up 161,478 steps!  I know, right? 

So, when I went to bed last night I had every reason to think that today would be awesome.

I woke up at 1 in the morning with a migraine.  After an hour or so I realized it wasn’t going to go away on its own and I couldn’t get back to sleep so I got up and took some medication.  And then I laid there.  Until 4AM.  I finally just gave up and got up.  Based on all those steps I got in last week, I was actually looking forward to seeing if I had lost any weight last week especially since I’ve stopped rehydrating with Wendy’s frosty’s on a regular basis.

I gained a half pound.

I checked emails and folded some laundry that I had left in the dryer and I went outside and swept the patio.  Around 5:30AM I came back inside and that’s when I realized that Hank had decided it was too cold to go outside and instead, peed on the floor.

So I had to clean that up and at some point while I was cleaning up dog pee Boomer got up and went outside to do his business.  Only it was still dark and he’s a dog and doesn’t really look where he’s stepping.  And that’s why when I finished cleaning pee I walked into the living room and noticed trails of dog poo from one end of the room into the next and the next and ending up in my bedroom. 

oh joy

So I spent the next hour scrapping dog shit off of Boomer’s paw and then off the floors and then mopping again.  And I didn’t get out the house to go running until around 7:30 which was about a half hour later than I had planned and since I had no sleep, I was also exhausted.

I had a good hour to think about it this morning and I’ve decided prep work is basically a waste of time when you have dogs or a husband. 

And now back to my foot.  I think I told y’all last week that I had a teeny little bit of pain in my shins and that I was pretty sure it was because I was tapering off the steroids.  Anyhow, it got better and I managed to run 10 miles on Saturday morning and 6 more on Sunday which brought my total for the week to 44.   40 running miles and 4 walking.

So, when I went for a run this morning my shins were a teensy bit tight but not painful and I figured it was because I tapered down again on Saturday.  And then I got home and jumped in the shower and I noticed this purplish black spot on my left inner ankle.  It’s about the size of a mole and raised a little and at first, I thought it was dirt.  I washed it and then washed it again and then realized it was not dirt.  About an hour later I was sitting in my chair working and I noticed that one of my toes was turning blue.  So I consulted Dr. Google and he convinced me that it’s possibly a blood clot.

I might die

Thankfully I have an appointment with my cardiologist today so I’m going to stay away from Google for now. 

Have any of your toes ever turned blue?

Ever had a black dot on your ankle? 

2 thoughts on “To prep or not to prep

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *