Good Lord has my Friday started out freaky! Let me tell you all about it and then we’ll get to a little running survey that I sort of stole from the Hungry Runner Girl’s blog.
First, I woke up this morning and stumbled into the bathroom. It took me about 10 minutes to shake myself awake but I finally did. I couldn’t understand why I was so tired but I put in my contacts and got ready to put on my running clothes. About that time, MacGyver knocked on the bathroom door.
MacGyver: Are you okay?
Me: Yeah, why?
MacGyver: I was just wondering why you were up.
Me: I’m getting ready to go run on the treadmill.
MacGyver: At 3:00 O’Clock in the morning?
And so it was. Freakin 3AM! I’m not sure why I thought I heard my alarm or why I got up but I can assure you I was right back in bed and sound asleep within seconds.
Later in the morning when I actually did wake up I had to find my phone to check my schedule for the day. Apparently I left it on the sofa last night and when I finally located it this is what I saw:
Hank took his very first selfie’s!
He just needs to learn how to focus a bit better.
And that is how my morning started, tune in tomorrow to see if it gets any freakier. I can pretty much assure you that it will. It always does.
And now let’s get to the survey that I hijacked from the Hungry Runner Girl this morning.
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail? Definitely the beach.
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be? No Gatorade, kills my stomach.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it? Uh, shoes. No question.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run? I only like training plans when I’m preparing for a big race, otherwise, I go by how I feel.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill? Uphill for sure.
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do? Shopping, does that count?
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs? Out and back.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—> great pair of shoes.
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs? Gators, peacocks and emu’s regularly. I’ve also seen an otter, deer, horses, armadillos and possums.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run? Many times. I’m directionally challenged.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be? Bagels with biscoff.
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often? Shorts.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go? Usually by the end of the first mile.
14. What do you do with your key when you run? I keep it in my SpiBelt.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be? The Blue Moon half.
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run? 800 repeats.
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on? I actually love to run so I don’t need much motivation.
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start? I usually leave right from my front door.
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance? A must if I don’t have a visor.
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting? I have a lot of motivating factors but that doesn’t mean it always works. Sometimes I do quit. But I dust myself off and start over the next day.
How did your day start this morning?
All you runners, pick one of the questions in the running survey, (any one you want), and answer it in the comments.